|Coach Howard has now established and developed a comprehensive seminar/clinic for goalies, parents of goalies, and coaches for all levels of hockey from youth organizations to college programs. These seminars provide for a total understanding of the position of goalie and provide a detailed system of instruction with precise daily and weekly plans for the goalies to follow. An 8-9 hour one day format is listed below. This can also be split over a 2 day period of 4-5 hours each day. For more information please email me at: email@example.com
ONE DAY PLAN – UNDERSTANDING THE ENTIRE “SYSTEM” OF PLAYING GOALIE
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Off Ice classroom instruction with video tape presentation
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – On Ice demonstration and instruction
The emphasis in these 2 sessions will be on:
1. The proper goalie stances for various game situations
2. The proper methods of moving in the net based on the game situation
3. Playing the Angles: playing the 4 segments of the net and the 5 specific scoring areas
4. Combining the proper stance, movement and angle to game situations for the proper positioning for all shots.
Lunch break - 12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – On Ice demonstration and instruction
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Off Ice classroom instruction with video tape presentations
The emphasis in these 2 sessions will be on save techniques within the stance and outside of the stance:
1. Fundamentals of stick saves; techniques and stick uses
2. Proper techniques of pad saves; when and how to use the pads
3. Types of glove saves; techniques of each and when to use them
4. Proper balance points, weight transfer and angles of deflection
5. Playing under control; controlling yourself, the puck and the game and having the proper recovery after a save
6. A one hour practice for all goalies-what the goalie should be doing during the entire one hour team practice and a weekly schedule of goalie drills to practice.
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Question and Answer Session
This comprehensive 8 hour seminar will provide an in depth understanding of all aspects of playing the position of goalie. It will also help your organization to develop a consistent, across the board “system” and way of teaching and instructing all of your goalies at all age levels.